We ensured that each of the schools remained on track throughout the process and converted on time. The priority for this project was to form the Trust for 1st September 2019 with all schools joining at the same time whilst ensuring minimal impact on the school’s capacities. We worked with the Trust and the schools to agree a project plan which met each setting’s calendar and circumstances. GLK’s Project Manager, Lesley Millard provided the main point of contact throughout with all schools, the Trust, the Department for Education, local authority, and the appointed solicitors.
Once the Trust received approval and GLK Solutions were further procured to project manage the conversion process for each of the schools and the formation of the MAT. Our work to legally form the Trust and convert the schools in included:
- Working with the Trust and schools to provide all required information
- Flexed our approaches and information between schools were already SATs and one school who were a local authority maintained school
- Acted as the lead contact between the Trust and DfE
- Co-ordinated activity and contact with the legal firm and the local authority for TUPE
- Completed a full consultation process for the schools joining the MAT which included a summary report for the Department for Education
All conversion activities were completed on time allowing the Trust to form for 1st September 2019 as planned for the start of a new academic year.
As a subsequence of working with BFLPT, GLK Solutions were asked to tender for their clerking support to the Trust Board and its committees. We have been providing professional clerking and governance support to the Trust since September 2019 and have built strong relationships with its Members and Trustees.
In September 2020, Doncaster UTC opened and joined the Trust as new offer within the group of schools. GLK Solutions were also procured to providing clerking to the UTC’s local governing board. Helen Redford-Hernandez, CEO of Brighter Future Learning Partnership Trust stated: